AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Blank Google Business Listing Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Around 2 days ago we updated our cover image through the Google My Business admin and immediately noticed that our main listing photo was now showing a blank image as seen in the attached photo.

We've tried updating the cover and profile photos and ensured that they followed the Google My Business photo guidelines, but nothing has helped.

Is there anything we can do to fix our listing photo or does it take Google a bit more time to update its cache?

1. Full business name: It's Time for Thai Newtown
2. Current business address: 233 King St, Newtown 2060 Australia
3. Current telephone number: (02) 8095 0799
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/It's+Time+for+Thai/@-33.8954529,151.1791247,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4...
5. Website (if applicable): http://timeforthai.com.au

timeforthailisting.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Andrew W  I am not so sure you can do anything about it other than report the image. It looks to me like the picture is a thumbnail of a Google Streetview picture. When you click on the blank image it goes to street view. When the problem is in view on desktop or mobile click on the map and you should get a drop down that shows a number of option. Click on your marker and then select report a data problem and explain the problem in the section "other". I believe this sends a screenshot to tech support so they can see what the problem is.  I do not think it is an image you added. Remember you can not control the picture that shows up first. They do ask for it but the system selects from all available pictures for the location, so it is sort of a decoy question.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issues were you able to solve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue with my page 

Business name: Ahlers Aerial 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Shauntez A I found your listing and it is linked to here. Is this the correct listing?  I see that the picture is not displaying and one that you posted. Often the pictures on the first section are street view pictures but it looks like you have a service area business so it is trying to use one of your photos. I believe you may have uploaded it and there is an error. Usually there will be a credit of who posted it and in this case, it only shows the file name. Were you logged into the Google My Business control panel when you posted it? I would try another picture as a test. Was the file real large or strange dimension?

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David thanks for response. Yes that is the correct listing and yes I was logged into the google business console. The file I uploaded was larger than usual 8000 x 6000 or something along those dimensions. I only uploaded a single image to my cover photo and it worked for a day then I came across it the other day and there was 2 extra images that were blank. Ive tried deleting all images and then re-uploading them.. that didn't work. Then I tired the same thing but down scaling the size to 1000 x 600... also didn't work. When im in the business console they do not appear so I am unable to delete the blank photos. I took your advice from above on reporting the images and screen shoting it so I hope that helps. Also, about the file name, the file name is from the original photo that was unedited, which I find a bit strange because didn't upload that one. I tried your method of uploading a new image and it seems to work, only one blank document is appearing now but it not appearing upfront which is good. Thanks