Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Average Star Rating not updating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

I run Stop And Shine Express Car Wash located at 2327 Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow, NY. Our number is 516-731-9307 and the following is our google maps URL:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stop+and+Shine+Express+Car+Wash/@40.725313,-73.5493975,15z/data=!4...

I'm having a major issue with our average star rating. We have 5 reviews, 4 of them being 5 star reviews and one being a single star review. Our average rating has remained at 1 star for over a week after we received the 5 star reviews. It's frustrating as this one star review is not a true depiction of our business. Please let me know if anything can be done to update our rating!

Thank you,

Scott

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sometimes it takes a bit over a week for the average rating to update. Hang in there for a few more days and it should update.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did your rating ever update? I have this exact same problem. A disgruntled former client left a scathing review that she not only lied throughout but also paints a completely inaccurate picture of my business. I never knew she left it (about 6 months ago) until another client called it to my attention. I asked my past clients to leave legitimate reviews about my business which they were all too happy to do. I received 21, 5 star ratings but I'm still stuck at 1 sad star. Not to sound like a child but that is so unfair. Now I have 22 reviews, and a 1 star rating, making it appear that all 22 reviews were 1 star. This is hurting my business and I'm so stressed over it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Christy D yes, the rating updated. It's now a 4.2 on their listing: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stop+and+Shine+Express+Car+Wash/@40.725313,-73.5493975,15z/data=!4...

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it has updated. Thank you!

Re: Average Star Rating not updating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How long does it take? Mine has not updated and I'm getting really stressed
about it. It's a shame that one bad person who lies and gives an inaccurate
account of one's business can have so much power.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Generally it takes 1-2 weeks.

Owner of Sterling Sky