AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Another Verified Business not shown in Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Orca Spirit Whale Watching Adventures | Original Location
2. Current business address: 146 Kingston St, Victoria, BC V8V 1V4
3. Current telephone number: (250) 383-8411
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/+OrcaSpiritAdventuresWhaleWatchingToursVictoria

Hi everyone, and thank you all for your consideration. I have read other similar issues, and have contemplated other conversations, but I am still stuck. I am working on behalf of a client, and had a local listing in the maps 3 pack for a great deal of time, but recently noticed that we were no longer being featured at all as I was adding in a second location.

The good news is that I was able to get the 2nd location to be featured, but the bad news is that the main profile with most of the reviews is not being listed.

If you search "Victoria Whale Watching" you get competitors as well as the second location. When you zoom in on the maps view, the original location is not featured at all.

When you search the location address (146 Kingston Street, Victoria), it lists 2 other businesses at the location, but not the main listing.

Any ideas why this is happening? Your thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Phil

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Another Verified Business not shown in Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Philip C

are you aware their Guidelines for representing your business on Google?

A name like  "Orca Spirit Whale Watching Adventures | Original Location" violates definitively their Guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, Thanks for mentioning this, I actually just updated it in order to potentially refresh the listing, and test it's search implications. Before this it was the legal business name, I will be switching it back shortly. As this was happening before the name switch, it is not the cause of the outage. Cheers, Phil

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
can mention an other violation:
there is a very similar named listing "Orca Spirit Victoria Whale Watching" (no naming violation) at the Wharf St but it comes with the same phone number as the violating named business.
Means your client runs one business under the one phone number +1 250-383-8411 but this phone number goes to two locations.
Supposed I call the number from Germany what am I supposed to hear:

Here is "Orca Spirit Whale Watching Adventures | Original Location" speaking - what can we help you with"?
or
Here is "Orca Spirit Victoria Whale Watching" speaking - what can we help you with"?

LOL

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Philip C

A couple of things from my point:

1) All business citations relate to the correct business name and address:

"Orca Spirit Adventures" AND "146 Kingston Street Victoria, BC V8V 1V4"

There are no citation for your funky new name.

2) I keep getting privacy warnings from your https

Your www. and non www are not properly redirected

3) I can't find the listed tel number on site  250-383-8411

Even weirder still, it seems that the number on website has the other number visible in source

screencapture (9).png

<h6 style="text-align: center;">Phone</h6>
<h5 style="text-align: center;">250 383 8411</h5>
</div>

The 8411 number is also used at the other location .... how is that possible ?

So, i think there are some trust issues playing a part here

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Yes, this situation is unique. They have a call system that directs calls to 1 of their 2 office locations, so they truly share the same phone number. I don't believe this is a violation, as there are a number of businesses that share a phone number.

Both locations would answer the phone "Hello Orca Spirit Whale Watching", and would have the ability to schedule people into both locations.

Does that make sense?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Thanks for your feedback!

It is strange that the second listing is showing up, but not the main listing. To me this signifies that the site itself does not have major issues, but with that being said, I will see if we can have the programmer fix the security red-flag.

The phone number is switching on the site as we are tracking organic and paid source traffic via CallRail (which dynamically switches phone numbers based on a visitors inbound medium). I don't believe this should be an issue, but it may contribute to this issue as well.

Thanks again!
Phil