AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

An Observation today in Google Maps Q&A

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

It appears that site owners, logged into Google with their GMB or Google Search Console account, can effectively flag Questions and Answers in Google Maps.  We have over 200 locations and many questions and answers are rather non-sensical and unhelpful, today I notice that as I flag as inappropriate they are removed immediately.  Maybe this is not new, but it is new to me.

Love it!  Thanks Google!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Carolyn H - this sounds great, you mentioned GSC. Is this in the new console or old?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan, I don't think it matters which version of GMB or Search Console, as long as you are logged into Google with your GMB or GSC account, go to Maps and search your locations to find Q&A, from there you can quickly affect Q&A by flagging and indicating what you feel the problem is.  In the past, although I could flag these - it didn't seem to take effect at all, now it happens quite instantly.

BTW - still awaiting new GMB interface, and looking forward to updated GSC interface with all the great stuff that's in the old version.