AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Allisons Bail Bonds New York 845-224-9675

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wanted to know if my listing next to the maps could be listed at the top. I am currently listed at the bottom under competitors continuously. Can I be placed first? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Allisons Bail Bonds New York 845-224-9675

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Allison

At this stage, the sequence of listings under the map is algorithmic only, and there are literally hundreds of factors taken into account.  That said, there are a few things to be aware of - 

1) Location in relation to the searcher is paramount.  This isn't something you can influence, but important to keep in mind if you're tracking the placing of your listing.

2) Match to the searcher's query will greatly influence (even closely related searches can give very different results). 

3) Reliable, consistent online presence is also important.  This is one element you have lots of control over.  Do a search for your business by name and look at the invo that comes up in the search results.  Is there a lot or only a little?  Do all references to your business have the same address, phone, website, etc?  Compare your results to similar results of the other listings and see if there are things you can do to be on a par or better than those.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog