AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Advice on how to market my business when I can't use a business listing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all I've been presented with a new challenge this week and would appreciate some guidance

i have had to close and remove my Google business listing for my mobile Reflexology business due to the fact that my husband is also self employed with a business listing as a driving instructor and we aren't allowed 2 business listings at the same address. 

On removing my business listing so my husbands could be reinstated I lost both my Google brand page and YouTube channel. Am I allowed to set up a new YouTube channel and Google brand page for my business bearing in mind that my husband also has a YouTube channel and Google brand page and we both live and run our separate businesses from the same address?  I should add they are both service area businesses and we do not serve customers at our home address?

If I am allowed to appear on Google without a business listing, any great hints and tips on how to enhance my presence so my prospective customers still have a chance of finding me?  I'm feeling a bit downhearted that losing my listing on the map will affect my plans to go full time in 2018 so am willing to put in some effort with a consistent campaign/plan to keep in the public eye!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tracey

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Two completely separate service area business should be possible, but a number of details have to be verified by Google so the more information you have online that corroborates this can be key. One thing that would help the other contributors to see hand help with suggestions. Can you post the details for both companies it would help get a better opinion and or appeal it with Google. 

Please include the following with your question: 
1. Full business name for both and were they are registered if they are registered.
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone numbers for both 
4. Google Maps URL 
5. Website (if applicable) 

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @David W Cox thanks so much for your response.  Unfortunately the Google team are absolutely adamant that my reflexology business can not have a service area business listing if my husband has his driving instructor service area business listing.  I have just had a long phone call with the person I've been liaising with at Google and she tells me there is no one I can appeal to or escalate it to.

So while I feel this could have a very detrimental effect on my business I don't want to be melodramatic so I think its best to put my energy into moving forwards and promoting in other ways.  Google has confirmed that despite living at the same address we can both have Google brand pages and YouTube channels which is a step forward.

I would love any hints / tips / success stories on how best to promote my business on Google using just a brand page?

Tracey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Indion public  smart card  all in one card  request google please indion government advice or suggestions  government document making process very bad