AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Address & service area not the same as competitors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Andrew Riley heating, plumbing & gas

44 Selly Oak Road, Bournville, Birmingham, B30 1LS

07729 262276

https://plus.google.com/114939924390014872446

I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location, so have not ticked the box "I also serve customers at my business address" My address is therefore hidden from the public and I do not have a marker on the google map. This is detrimental to me as a local service as all my competitors have their full address showing on their google+ listing.  We would like potential customers to know we live in the area and are therefore local - this is a positive selling point! How do we do this? 

Thanks in advance for any help offered..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm not sure all of your competition are just mobile services only - not "serving customers at their business address"

May be some have a brick and mortar location to serve cusomers over there too.

But in case you know competition not having a brick and mortar based location and not having hidden their address you should report them as spammer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

to be honest virtually all of them are operating from their home addresses - that's the nature of being a self employed plumbing & heating engineer! We are at a disadvantage not displaying our address in that we look suspect!