AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Adding photos under "Products" automatically reassigned to "Interior" or "Exterior"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I add any photos under "Products", they are all automatically reassigned to "Interior" and end up being the main photo that shows up to the public when a google search is done. Was wondering if anybody has come across this issue before. I've been trying many different ways like reassigning them manually by clicking on the photo tag that appears on the right as "+Products" and deselecting "Interior" but to no avail after refreshing the page or returning to the MyBusiness profile at a later time. Also, every time I delete the photos, a number of grey images with the circle and " - " sign appear and they are accumulating and flooding the images when viewed through google by the general public. Those I have already flagged for removal but I wonder if this this will be a continual recurring issue forever :(

Our business listing just doesn't look good anymore when viewed online :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adding photos under "Products" automatically reassigned to "Interior" or "Exterior"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gavin C Unfortunately the labeling for the sections is deceptive in that it is good to follow the categories but then the Google algorithm that handles pictures does what it wants with there view of the best pictures to show and it is not perfect and not always picking the best. The blank ones should disappear with time. If it was me I  would post as many good quality pictures that reflect your business and what to expect when you get there. The more the merrier. They give you the idea you have control but in fact, it is by no means real control.  If you have more questions post the complete information so contributors here can see what is going on and offer informed advice.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David W Cox Thank you very much for your response and the advice David! Much appreciated! Bless you!