1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Adding an Admin to Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who wanted to add me as an admin to Google Maps / GMB.

I never got the email.

We did everything as instructed: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100

What went wrong / is this a bug?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jaana, I know you said you didn't get the email but when you log into the google my business dashboard are there any notifications there?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3
Google Small Business Advisor

Hi, Jaana,

I'm Ray S., one of the Google Small Business Advisors here in the Google Small Business community, and here to help as best as I can. Pleased to meet you.

I'm sorry you didn't get the email, but there are many reasons for this within and outside the control of Google Maps (spam/junk email folder, ISP-based filters, wrong email address because of typographic errors, and, yes, even server glitches do happen). As @Matt M. said, do you see any notifications in the GMB dashboard or do you see yourself as a manager for that business? If not, I would suggest that your client cancel the pending invitation and reinitiate the manager invitation and make sure he or she gets your email address correct.

Let us know how it goes and hopefully you can get this all sorted out! Thanks for reaching out!

Best,

Ray S.

Google Small Business Advisor (Productivity)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply guys: Nothing on GMB either.

No new location, just my 2 old ones.

Searched my email for all sorts of possibilities.  🙂

We checked my email twice, letter by letter (gmail), will try again tomorrow.

Cheers, Jaana