AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Add multiple phone numbers to a search result

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was redirected here from the Google Search and Assistant Help Forum, where I posted the following question about adding multiple phone numbers to a search result.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/UJzddFPZbjo

Any idea how a Google search result can show two phone numbers for the same business? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric S
July 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Eric, you can enter multiple phone numbers in your Google My Business listing, but Google will only display one in the "knowledge panel" and maps listings. As far as I know, at least.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric S
July 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Eric, you can enter multiple phone numbers in your Google My Business listing, but Google will only display one in the "knowledge panel" and maps listings. As far as I know, at least.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a field for "Alternative phones" - where you can add up to two extra phone numbers per location. Link to the support pages: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3370250?hl=en#addlphone

@Tim C

Can we confirm that only primary phones is showed in Knowledge Panel/Google Maps?

If so, what is the alternative phones used for? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I confirm that the phone number(s) added in the "additional phone" part of the Knowledge panel doesn't appear on screen.

It is pretty much a bummer for our company because the phone number that can be seen on the Knowledge panel is the one for our offices and I would like to add a second one for the grocery store within our mall.

Anyone has an idea on how to make an additonal number appear on the Knowledge panel ?

Thank you guys :^)