My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

A Negitive Google Review was posted to my Business about a Business next door - HELP!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm writing on behalf of MRI Associates or Winter Haven. I've recently been put in charge of managing our Business listings on Google. After reviewing, we've determined a couple negative reviews were written about a Doctor's office next door to our location but they were posted on our business page. We've confirmed that these were not in fact patients of ours. How do I go about removing the reviews? Should I just flag them? There really isn't an option that would explain that they weren't actual reviews of our location when flagging the review. 

The reviews were: deanyvan and Melissa Linares

Please advise!

Thank you,

Samantha McGuire

Business Development

MRI Associates

813-210-8995

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A Negitive Google Review was posted to my Business about a Business next door - HELP!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha M

Yes you can flag them : https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773

However I will say that in my experience, unless they used the Dr name from next door, or another identifying feature then they wont be removed or transferred.

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

A Negitive Google Review was posted to my Business about a Business next door - HELP!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

adding to what @Tim Capper already said I would like to recommend @Samantha M as the manager in duty for the listing to claim it as soon as possible as this gives you tjhe option to respond as the owner on the reveiws making clear each of the reviews belong to an other business and identifying those to other listings.

Claiming would be possible through https://goo.gl/maps/Ct3P2h7FQR82

Re: A Negitive Google Review was posted to my Business about a Business next door - HELP!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all for your help. I've requested a verification code and
hopefully I'll have that soon.