AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We receive updates on our Google Business, for example our website has been changed and we didn't change it. who has permission to change it wit out our instructions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, 

If you look at a listing that is live (any listing) you will see a suggest an edit link. Anyone can click on it and submit a change. This is where you have to manage your listing and keep correct info showing and incorrect info from appearing. I will add that everyone that clicks on the suggest an edit link or makes a review or take any action on a Google property is tracked in various ways. If they do unethical things (like making edits that should not be made), the system will demote their value and even omit and ignore them in due time. And suggested edits are verified in various ways, although accidents can happen. 

The best course of action is to monitor your listings by logging in to your Google My Business dashboard and reviewing the info. Ideally this would be done weekly, at which time, a info post could be added, reviews could be responded to, and photos could be added... and other actions, too. 

Kind Regards,

James