AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

2 out of 3 Google reviews missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a total of 3 reviews posted on my business' Google reviews page, however it says "1 Google review," and when I click it, it eventually shows all three. This is so misleading. Do reviews take a while to appear under the total count?

1. Tumesh for Optimal Health
2. 1617 Westcliff Drive, Suite 202, Newport Beach, CA
3. 949-231-7285
4. https://goo.gl/maps/kZWGF3oYjDs
5. Www.tumesh.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes reviews can take time to show up, especially if the reviewer accounts are new or have never given reviews to other businesses before. 

It certainly looks to be the case with your reviews.

There is also a chance that the reviews will be deleted by Google if the algorithm recognises it as fake or against google terms of service.

Here are some reasons for it -

-The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
-The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
The person who wrote the review works for you
-The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
-The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
-The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
-You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
-The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
-The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
-You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
-You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
-You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
-Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response @steven u.  The reviews are certainly not fake and are posted by real patients.  How would a business prove this?!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Not much you can do to prove it since the signals are picked up automatically by Googles algorithm.

There is a chance that the reviews will be counted in the future, once the Google algorithm confirms the accounts that did the reviews are real.

What people don't realise is that Google actually knows a lot more about us than nost people would imagine. Eg. Where you've been, the searches you do, your interests, your voice searches etc.

Once they have this info, it's not hard for them to find out whether the account was created by a real person.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Understood.  Any idea how long it usually takes for Google to verify accounts?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FYI, Micca is short for Meerim, but not sure why Google decided to post my responses under both my accounts.  Haha. Funny and interesting at the same time.