AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

2 business locations, STILL only the first shows in google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I asked this question over a month ago and tried the suggestions I received but I still have had no luck in getting both locations of a business to show in google.  Every other business I search that has more than one location comes up as A, B, C, etc. with each separate address.

I think the problem stems from google not associating the address with the business located there because if I google the restaurant name, only the original location shows, but when I google the address of the new location and zoom in on the map, eventually the name of the business shows beneath the address marker once you zoom in enough.  Still, I don't think google knows the business and that address are one in the same. 

I have emailed google twice about this over the last month and they do not respond.

BTW, I have verified both locations and created google+ pages for each.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick L
November 2015

Re: 2 business locations, STILL only the first shows in google

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

there is unfortunately no good answer to give you.

Its all a matter of their ranking algos.

Learn more about "Ranking of local results on Google"

And study this great article provided by MOZ 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

where or how did you "asked this question over a month ago" already?

And about what two businesses at their locations are you talking about @Rick L ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted a question to the google forum.  It was a different site than this one.  It looks like they have changed it since.

google "1700 Sand Acres Dr, De Pere, WI 54115".  Notice how the business name (Sgambati's New York Pizza) comes up immediately on the map?

now google "2725 Manitowoc Rd, Green Bay, WI 54311".  You will see an address marker on the map.  Now click the map and zoom in and the name of the business appears below the marker.

This tells me that google is not associating the specific address with the business at that location.

If you google the name of the restaurant only the first location appears as a result.  Your results may be different because you are not local to this business.  The owner is very frustrated because customers are calling the old location to place delivery orders that pertain to the new location because that's the only phone number/location that appears in a search.

I was told that it takes google a couple weeks after verifying a business to sort things out but it's been much longer than that.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You seem talking about a place label for the address in Green Bay

But this is not given or created & shown for every Business.

Place Labels: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435

It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps and Earth.

Please go to GMpas and search for Pizza 2725 Manitowoc Rd, Green Bay, WI 54311 and you will get your business shown up.

This is an intended behavior 

Thats all I can tell you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, I'm not sure if it's place labels or what the reason is, but the big concern is that when a customer googles the restaurant name, only the first location shows up and that's the one they call by default. 

As an example, when I google "Cousins subs" there are 2 locations in my area and this is what comes up

I have been unable to find any answers as to why it won't show like this for Sgambati's or how to get it to show like this.  Pretty much any place of business in my area that has more than 1 location shows this way when I google the name.

Thanks for the help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick L
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

there is unfortunately no good answer to give you.

Its all a matter of their ranking algos.

Learn more about "Ranking of local results on Google"

And study this great article provided by MOZ