AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

2 Businesses, 1 Address

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I came across a woman today who was wondering what to do about verifying her and her husband's multi-level marketing businesses. They both work out of their home and would be using the same address for their respective Google "My Business" pages.

What is best practice for this scenario? Would it be to go ahead and create the pages using the same address for the house?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig M
November 2015

Re: 2 Businesses, 1 Address

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Craig,

Then they are fine to have 2 different pages. You will most likely run into issues with Google and Mappers thinking they are really the same business just trying to be listed twice. How you can combat this is by being really clear on your site that you are different businesses. Have completely different branding and lots of pictures of your office (inside) and staff on both sites and make sure they are different from each other (ex: don't share a staff member).

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Craig,

So do both businesses fall into the same business categories? Do they share a phone number? Are they actually registered as separate businesses (for tax purposes)?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Joy,

The business categories are both the same. The phone numbers are different (separate personal cell phones). And they are registered as separate entities (S-Corps).

~Craig
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig M
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Craig,

Then they are fine to have 2 different pages. You will most likely run into issues with Google and Mappers thinking they are really the same business just trying to be listed twice. How you can combat this is by being really clear on your site that you are different businesses. Have completely different branding and lots of pictures of your office (inside) and staff on both sites and make sure they are different from each other (ex: don't share a staff member).

Owner of Sterling Sky

2 Businesses, 1 Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I am having a similar issue. We publish a magazine from our office but we also have a design studio at the same premise. Different business names, ABN's, website and email addresses. Same phone number and address thought. The design studio is verified and listed on Google but cannot verify the magazine business. Very frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@North by North-East C please start your own thread and list the details of your business.

Owner of Sterling Sky

2 Businesses, 1 Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you for clarifying this, We too are still having issues getting one company verified. Both registered as separate companies, different phone numbers etc. Company 2 has its own office within Company 1's building. Similar sounding names but different services provided. Received the Verification Code in the post for Company 2 but Google keeps kicking us back to Company 1's details. How can we get past this?

2 Businesses, 1 Address

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be locking this thread so that it doesn't get new replies.  The thread is resolved and is over 2 years old. Please start your own thread and someone can assist.

Owner of Sterling Sky