2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Unit 2 Assessment Answer 5 Is Wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question 5 asks "...which gender, age, and user type is MOST LIKELY to make a purchase?"  The answer given as correct, includes Males, but...

Females represent 39.6% of people who buy, but only 30.7% of people who did not buy.  So purchasing females are over-represented.  Meaning they are MORE LIKELY to purchase.

To check, I multiplied through the the numbers 207 users X 60.4% males... etc etc...  The result -> 0.56% conversion for males; 0.82% conversion for females.  So females are more likely to purchase.

The resulting commercial decision would be "spend more money to attract more females"  whereas the answer given as correct gives the opposite commercial decision.

(I'm surprised no-one else has picked this up, perhaps I am missing something?  I'm keen to be corrected if I am.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with the analogy - but contextually more illustrative purpose, I'm sure Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The question is relating to most likely to make a purchase from for example a random sample of 100 people, not from a group 100 women vs 100 men, where your logic would make sense.