Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

what does single account ownership means with regard to datastudio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question regarding the google data studio free version. So far, I understood I can create unlimited reports with the tool. However, in an article I read that 'the free version only allows you single account ownership'. What does that exactly mean?

Can anyone give an example, please? I am working as a SEA Manager which means I am dealing with the German Search account and a GDN account. Does that mean my colleagues can't create reports with the tool because i am already using it for these two accounts?

regards

saibun

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Saibun

Can you forward the link to the article you quoted? 

If you are working with AdWords data, you can connect to Manager (MCC) accounts to see a large number of sub-accounts (it was 75, that limit might be higher now).

Best

Rick

Re: what does single account ownership means with regard to datastudio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rick

Here is the link: https://smallbiztrends.com/2017/03/free-reports-from-google-data-studio.html

Does that mean that everyone in my company can use it? Because we are devided into countries and I am only managing the German-speaking market. So, I only use my accounts (GDN & Search) as my sources.

I need to know this because I am going to make a presentation about Data studio as I am already using it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sai Bun W
June

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Sai Bun,

Thanks for that link. That article is a bit out of date. We currently only have one product that anyone can use without restriction. While there are no administrator controls, Data Studio is built on Drive, so Google for Work users can use groups to share individual reports and data sources broadly. 

Hope this helps!

Rick