3.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border

schedule reports in Data Studio

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is it possible to have automated reports to be scheduled to be sent out daily?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author matthew m
June

Re: schedule reports in Data Studio

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Matthew.
Since the report links can be shared directly so anyone with a Google account can view them, automatic emailing of the report is not something that's currently supported.

Regards,

Rick

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author matthew m
June

Re: schedule reports in Data Studio

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Matthew.
Since the report links can be shared directly so anyone with a Google account can view them, automatic emailing of the report is not something that's currently supported.

Regards,

Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is marked as solved but I don't see a solution. Does Google Apps allow some other way to schedule reports? Automated email delivery is an essential part of the reporting solution I'm looking for. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Phil , I agre with you and had planned on doing research on this. Let me know if you find something. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love the work you have done so far with Data Studio and I was really excited about the introduction to Australia and I agree with Phil. We use Google analytics reporting at the moment and have them set as monthly reports. 

This would be the only way we could use Data studio reports as it would be too time consuming to use the manual way. I hope you can work out a way so that the reporting can be set up with the data and then self populated and emailed from month to month. 

Regards

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Every reporting tool should offer a scheduled automation process! If not it's pointless and it's not worth the time spent creating reports, if they can't be exported out as a pdf or scheduled for email. My clients like scheduled reports.  

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Phil,

Once the data studio report is made. (the link should never change) Schedule an email from your email client, with the link and message inside.

http://www.boomeranggmail.com/l/how-to-send-recurring-emails.html

Hope that Helps 

Simon 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

do I know out of daily      

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anything been updated for this? It would be great to have updated reports sent out to my team each week.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Megan,

The reason scheduled emails aren't current available is that once you've created the report, all of the current data sources are 'live' are therefore every time the report is refreshed in the browser so is the data. In theory, once you share the link, your team will be able to view it anytime, anywhere, with the most up to date data.

I found saving my favorite reports as bookmarks the best way to go, whenever i click on the bookmark i can view the most up to date version of the report.

Hope this helps.

Experts in the Topic
Rick E