Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

"Live" data from Google Sheets to Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Google Data Studio and wanted to know if this setup works or any has tried it before:

Typeform --> Zapier --> Google Sheets --> Data Studio

So basically its very simple, new rows are updated every time someone fills in a new Typeform and I want Data Studio to reflect the "live" data in the dashboard from Google Sheet. Is it possible?

Regards,

Yexi

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey there! Welcome to Data Studio Smiley Happy

I think your data flow from Typeform all the way to Data Studio should work. However, Data Studio isn't "real time" in the sense that most web apps advertise "real time". Data Studio will show you the most recent data whenever you refresh the data in the report.

Data Studio will not automatically refresh or show new data as new data is added to your underlying data source (the google sheet).

One other thing to consider: make sure you turn off the cache in DS if you want to see new data upon refresh. When the cache is on, DS just loads the same data over and over until a 12-hour cycle is up, and then goes and grabs new data: https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/7020039?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yexi Y – did you manage to get this one working? I'm looking at doing it right now!