Data Studio
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

"FAILED TO SAVE" - Why am I being PLAGUED with this error???

Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok.. so I have posted this in a few threads previously but have gone untouched by any Google PM... It has been a few weeks now and we are still being plagued by the "Failed to Save" error message that shows it's ugly face every time I try to edit something - doesn't matter if it's data or style. 

datastudio.PNG

I am working with a large amount of data - as I assume most people are so please - is anyone else having this ongoing issue? 

An example: I was afraid to start working with data studio this morning because of the issues we've been having but assumed / hoped the server or auto save issues have been fixed. I opened my report, started working by changing a few data sets, table backgrounds etc. and all was well as I seen the 'auto-save' come up and I didn't see the error pop-up.. Ok - all is well, except right when I try to duplicate a table, wham - "Failed to Save" and believe it or not - all the previous work that "Auto Saved" was now gone as well.... 

Ummm Google? - Is there possibly something going on with large data sets and auto saving... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. Even after the message stops coming up and it seems that it's saving it, if I refresh the page, all the changes are lost. Good luck I sent the report to a colleague to test it before sending it to the client, otherwise, that would've been embarrassing. 

I've got 25 reports waiting to be done and sent before the end of the week. Google Data Studio was supposed to make reporting easier and quicker, not more frustrating and time-consuming. This is a disaster, second month in a row that I'm having issues. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here!  I've sold in a huge project that was supposed to be tracked in DS, but now i'm forced to look at other alternative because filters don't save, missing dimensions in connectors etc.  So disappointed with DS, I had high hopes when I first started visualising with this platform...