1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

not all things that increase are "good"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When building up a dashboard. I was able to change the "positive" change of a scorecard to the opposite. However, in the table view, I can only select an "overall" color for that. so the bounce rate and avg page load times (which are negative when increased) keep the green up arrow as opposed to a red. Any chance to have G update as they know when things are positive and negative as they increase?

or at the very least, give us the ability to change the color of the change arrow identifiers per column?

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 13.30.19.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Michael, 

Well, i can do it. 

Select your component "bounce rate" and in "properties" , go in "Style". You can set the color of the arrow if you are positive or negative. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that is untrue sir. When you go into style of a table, as pictured above, and you set the style for the arrow, you are setting that style, table wide. so if you have a table with page views, sessions, and bounce rate. you cannot have just bounce rate with a up arrow as "red". I just double checked. 

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Michael

So are you asking for the ability to set the color of the positive or negative change arrows (previous period comparison) on individual metrics? 

That does sound like a useful feature. But, unfortunately, you are correct that it is not something we currently support. 

Rick

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to chime in, this would be a great feature especially for common GA dashboards where Bounce Rate will be a common metric in a table and would need to be inverted from the other metrics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is in fact, exactly what I'm asking for. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At the very least actually, the tools can be programmed to know which default metrics are negative and positive as up or down. Giving them appropriate default colors. This would help as well.