Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

language of the input fields from Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, although my Google Analytics interface language is set to English and so is the interface of Google Data Studio, when I select a template and pick a data field from the connected Google Analytics account, I get the names of the various data fields in another language (Czech), which I use as my second language (again, I made sure my GA interface language is set to English). 

So the issue is that I cannot create a full English report as it keeps being populated by data metric/field names in the Czech language. Anyone can help here?2017-03-14_13-29-47.pngscreenshot with explanation

language of the input fields from Google Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @luckey2004

I'm not sure why they are coming through as Czech, but you can rename the data fields at the data source level (click on the small pencil icon next to the data source on the 'Data' pane of any chart). You'll be able to translate them to English, and these new values will then show up on your report.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Re: language of the input fields from Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben, 

can you navigate me to the "small pencil icon"? I am either blind or I simply do have that option in the data panel view - I am using Mac and Google Chrome - see the screenshot. 

Thanks, Lukas2017-03-16_14-44-46.png

Re: language of the input fields from Google Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

Sure thing, on my report it shows here, next to the data source:

Capture.PNG

You can also get to the screen via the first DataStudio screen, by clicking on 'Data Sources' on the left hand side, then selecting your source.

Capture2.PNG

Hope that helps!

Ben