5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

how do you merge multiple Data Source's into one Table or Chart?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My data is in multiple google sheets and would like to merge into 1 single table.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do you merge multiple Data Source's into one Table or Chart?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi matthew,
I suppose that you are speaking about Data Studio, the only solution is merge manually you sheets in a single table and then makes that sheet your datasource

Fil

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
That is correct. We are working on charts that blend data from multiple datasources. Stay tuned.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any updates on using multiple data source in a single chart (blending / merging ) ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys!

In Data Studio, how to merge to analytics data to into a single report/chart.??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matthew,

If you are only using Google sheet as data source, you could merge all your sheets in a single sheet using the =IMPORTRANGE formula & connect to this sheet in Data Studio.

Jean 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am also interested in doing this. I have been able to join tables by combining importrange, query and vlookup formulas in Sheets but it's only good enough to support joining 2 or 3 sheets if the sheets have a lot of data. 

For this reason, I have been trying to join Sheets using Bigquery. In Bigquery, joining tables from Google Sheets works great. When I paste the exact same query into Data Studio, however, I receive an error that prevents me from connecting the joined tables as a new data source.

The inability to join multiple Bigquery tables in Data Studio seems to be an issue that is unique to Bigquery's federated Google Sheets tables. I can join other table types in BQ and DS without any issues, but the federated Google Sheets tables will simply not join in Data Studio at all. 

I've submitted feedback about this bug, but it would be great if anyone has found a fix or work around for joining federated Bigquery tables today because this would ultimately be the best method for joining multiple data sources in DS.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any update on this? We want to combine Analytics data with data from a spreadsheet (targets) and this would be a dealbreaker.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Unfortunately there is no solid estimate for when Data Studio will support multiple data sources in the same chart.

The solution for now is to do the blending/joining behind a single datasource either using Sheets, BigQuery or one of the other supported SQL databases. It's a bit more involved but it will serve the purpose.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But could you have a different data source for different charts in on report?

Experts in the Topic
Dimitris N