AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

how do i create a page content drilldown for particular page

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi, how do i create a dimension with metrics for a specific top level page and then show page drilldown from that top level page?

I am cretaing a google analytics report.

would i use a table in my report? i just can't see how to determine a specific top level page and then 2nd and 3rd levels from there?

ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There are dimensions for Page Paths 1-4. You can add them to a table side by sid. You will probably want to use the session level metric(s) instead of page level metrics since you are are viewing multiple steps rather than a single page.

This will effectively give you the top paths visitors take when they hit your  your site, but you will not be able to view more than 4 Pages down. 

If you want more depth, you can use the Page Dimension instead of paths 1-4 and add a drop down filter for Page depth. This will allow you to see the top pages viewed at each level by manually selecting the page depth you are interested in. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There are dimensions for Page Paths 1-4. You can add them to a table side by sid. You will probably want to use the session level metric(s) instead of page level metrics since you are are viewing multiple steps rather than a single page.

This will effectively give you the top paths visitors take when they hit your  your site, but you will not be able to view more than 4 Pages down. 

If you want more depth, you can use the Page Dimension instead of paths 1-4 and add a drop down filter for Page depth. This will allow you to see the top pages viewed at each level by manually selecting the page depth you are interested in.