Guide Me
star_border

dates MM AAAA Sheets VS DataStudio

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello

I have this issue: I can't figure out how to read metrics associated with dates. I have this sheet: 

Digital360   Report Analytics Complessivo   Fogli Google (1).png

where column c (YYMM) has been created for datastudio, then columns D,E,F shows Unique Users, Visits and Pageviews (taken from GA). 

I'd like to show metrics like users for a particular time period (chosen with the date filter), but im not able to associate date values to the widget. As per screen below, the single metric widget does not give me any time option, and it only sums data for all D column. 

Network Digital360   Sintesi › Pagina 3.png

Any help?

Thanks

Eugenio

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you sure that in your data source, the YYMM colum is a dimension? Although, I remember having problems with comparing month over month data in Datastudio from a Spreadsheets (having only monthly data, and no daily stats). 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for reply Samuel. I was able to create a time graph with sessions. But i cannot make single metrics with csv. It seems that datastudio does not give you chance to use dates in csv widgets (like single metric widget 1:2). This is a huge limit, compared to Microsoft Power BI. I really like Data studio more than Microsoft, but with CSV it seems to have strong limits. At least from what i've seen. 

If you can help me figure out how to compare metrics between date ranges , that would be awsome. but from what ive seen, thats not possible