AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

create file with several reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have several reports that are related to one topic and I would like to gather them into one and only file before sharing it with my colleagues.

That would also help me tidy my reports. But I don't find a way to do it. Does anyone can help me?

I searched already on the faq's but couldn't find anything; I'm surprised this questions hasn't been asked before, or maybe I didn't find it..

Anyway, thanks for the help !

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Copy/paste the charts into one report. This would take some time and likely be a bit annoying, but you'd end up with everything in one report. Downside is that if you have a lot of charts, it can slow down the report refresh process.

2. Create links from one report to another. What you need is a text box to which you add a link to the other report. I often use this option to link to separate definitions or reports that have lots of charts on one page (so that if I add to them to the original report, they slow things down too much).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you but the other problem is that I need to keep each report separated to be able to do this :

-share all those report with the chief

-share each report separately to different colleagues : one report per colleague (from different geographic area) but they don't have to see the other reports (from colleagues'area)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm confused by what you're asking then. It sounded in your original question like you wanted to combine them, but now you don't? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it is not easy to explain, but we have a network gathering different region of France

and on our website, we have different pages for the different regions.

My chief needs a view on every report I made per region. And each region needs a view on the report concerning them but not the others.

If it is not possible, i'll find another solution, less handy.