Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

create file with several reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have several reports that are related to one topic and I would like to gather them into one and only file before sharing it with my colleagues.

That would also help me tidy my reports. But I don't find a way to do it. Does anyone can help me?

I searched already on the faq's but couldn't find anything; I'm surprised this questions hasn't been asked before, or maybe I didn't find it..

Anyway, thanks for the help !

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Copy/paste the charts into one report. This would take some time and likely be a bit annoying, but you'd end up with everything in one report. Downside is that if you have a lot of charts, it can slow down the report refresh process.

2. Create links from one report to another. What you need is a text box to which you add a link to the other report. I often use this option to link to separate definitions or reports that have lots of charts on one page (so that if I add to them to the original report, they slow things down too much).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you but the other problem is that I need to keep each report separated to be able to do this :

-share all those report with the chief

-share each report separately to different colleagues : one report per colleague (from different geographic area) but they don't have to see the other reports (from colleagues'area)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm confused by what you're asking then. It sounded in your original question like you wanted to combine them, but now you don't? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it is not easy to explain, but we have a network gathering different region of France

and on our website, we have different pages for the different regions.

My chief needs a view on every report I made per region. And each region needs a view on the report concerning them but not the others.

If it is not possible, i'll find another solution, less handy.