3.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

bug: date range changes when you navigate between pages in multi-page dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a number of multi-page dashboards, and if I adjust the date range on the first page, the change does not carry forward to subsequent pages. It's particularly an issue with end users who tinker with date ranges and may not notice what's happened as they view underlying pages.

This seems like a simple thing to fix, and I'm hoping the team at Data Studio can put this on your improvements list.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Delete all your date filters except for one page, then right click that remaining filter and make it "report-level." It will then appear on all pages and if you change it on one, it should change on the others (in theory).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion.

When I try this, deleting the date filter from underlying pages, and applying "report-level" to the top page, the date filter disappears completely from the report. In edit mode, the date range properties right hand menu shows the report level range I selected, but the option to adjust it in the report itself is removed. I repeated the process several times, on two different reports, with the same result.

I'd like to see any adjustment to the date range on one page, reflected on all other pages as you navigate back in forth. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow that's very odd. I've done the report-level without issues before, so I'm not sure what to tell you differently to make it work. Anyone else have any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a new report and added date as a report-level, it worked fine. Changing date range on any page changed all charts on all pages.

I made a copy of the same report and now the date filter is giving me issues. Changing date range on any one page only changes charts on that page, but does not update other pages. Also, when I navigate back to that page from other pages the date range itself is set to default range selected at the time of creating the date filter.

Strange!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, the key here may be a bug in the process of making a copy of the report. The issues I'm having are all on reports that I've duplicated and then modified.