AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

beta is not giving me data source metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i add data source and then cannot add "sessions" to chart after clicking "add metric"

whats going on here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: beta is not giving me data source metrics

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Marco

Are you getting any kind of error, or is Sessions just not available in the metric picker?

I assume it's a GA data source? Did you create the data source or is it one someone else created or might have edited? Have you double-checked that Sessions is actually in that data source (it's possible to remove a field from a data source).

Best regards,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
there is a metric for sessions but when i go to add after adding source it doesnt give me anything. seems just straight buggy.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Marco

Sorry this isn't working for you. I've got a number of GA dashboards with Session metrics appearing just fine.

A couple more questions (things for you to try):

When you say "after adding the data source it doesn't give me anything," do you mean that you are adding a new data source to the existing report? If so, are you sure the chart is pointing to the correct data source? (If you had a a chart that had session data from data source A, then you add data source B, the chart won't switch automatically to data source B. You need to manually point the chart to the new data source).

Can you try creating a brand new report with that new data source? Does your session data show up then?

Can you see session data for the same selected date range in GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting now Error ID: fc8abc84

here is a video of my process to get there: http://screencast.com/t/oaDSUXLTqsq

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Marco,

If you choose custom date format instead of "Auto" and to select a particular date range probably you will then fix this problem. It's probably because you don't have data to that time range. Hence, error message pops up.

Try it just with either yesterday's or a week data.

Hope this suggestion will work in your case.

Best
Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
data studio beta is just bugging out for me , anyway google support can help on this?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Marco

Sorry you are still having troubles!

Data Studio is a free beta product. Support is limited to this forum and the Help Center.

If you are a 360Suite customer, you can get support through the Analytics 360 Suite.

Best,

Rick