Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Analytics Report in Data Studio - How to create a traffic sources report?

J D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I am trying to create a YouTube Analytics Report within Data Studio – specifically I am trying to create a Traffics Sources Report using the data from my YouTube Channel’s analytics. On YouTube the Traffic Sources report breakdowns the traffic source (external, suggested videos, YouTube search, etc.), watch time and views. Is there a way to create this report in Data Studio?

Thanks! Example YouTube Traffic Sources Report.jpg 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J D
April 2017

YouTube Analytics Report in Data Studio - How to create a traffic sources report?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thanks for writing and apologies for the long delay here!

The Traffic Sources field is unfortunately not currently available in the YouTube connector. We're working with the YouTube team on adding fields and this is definitely on the list. The effort is challenging due to some platform limitations, but we're continuing to look into it. I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as we add this dimension. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J D
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thanks for writing and apologies for the long delay here!

The Traffic Sources field is unfortunately not currently available in the YouTube connector. We're working with the YouTube team on adding fields and this is definitely on the list. The effort is challenging due to some platform limitations, but we're continuing to look into it. I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as we add this dimension. Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hmm, this would be the most important metric for some people I guess, myself included

thanks

Conor

animamos.com

J D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
J D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm really looking forward to this update. 

Thanks again,

Jacklyn 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alon - is there any news on this feature as yet? (YouTube traffic sources analytics). Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too would love to know if some new metrics are allowed on data studio?

like share/platforms, gender\age and more.

Currently the metrics you can import from youtuve analytics are pretty much basic

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Thanks for checking in. We've unfortunately have not added new fields to the YouTube Analytics connector in the last several months. We do want to make the connector more powerful, and hope to have news here in the coming months. Apologies for the delay but stay tuned!