Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

YoY and Day to Day Comparison within Data Studio

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I work in the travel industry and we compare our results constantly with last year, day to day. This means that we compare June 14 2016 with June 12 2016 (both Tuesday).

Currently I don't see the option to change the YoY Comparison to the way I described above. Does anyone has the same problem and hopefully has a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Corné

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YoY and Day to Day Comparison within Data Studio

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We currently support two date comparison options that come out of box, we are looking to add custom comparison windows - once this new feature is enabled you will be able to do YoY comparisons in the manner you describe.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikhil,

Would be great to see custom comparisons added. I also do a lot of daily comps.

An additional req would be comparing the current months progress (pageviews, users, sessions, etc) for the first x amount of days thus far in the month compared YoY to the first x amount of days of the same month the previous year. So if there was 20 days in the month thus far, there would only 20 days compared YoY. Right now, I can pitch out the date X days of the current month and it will refresh on demand each day thru the month, but the previous year always shows the the full month totals, unless manually set, which takes the fun out of it of course.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This can also be accomplished using google sheets and the analytics plug in. I have not tried this in visual studio but if it's tabular on one of your sheets I think you could do this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for clarifying that custom comparison windows is a new feature that will be added. Do you have a target date when this feature will be available?

Thanks,
Louisa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has there been any movement here? Custom comparisons are a feature that would definitely make things much more powerful (and are needed for me).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here Smiley Happy

+1 for custom comparisons!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nikhil,

Do we have an ETA for this? It is the only thing left to make Data Studio perfect for my reporting duties Smiley Tongue

Thank you for your hard work.

N/A
# 9
N/A

+1 for this!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 for me as well

Experts in the Topic