AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Year over Year days do not align

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ex) Fridays last year are Saturdays this year.

However, the graphs do not account for that. Hence, year over year line graphs do not line up correctly, making the comparison harder.

Unable to attach a screenshot here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What's your time range? For instance, have you selected your entire fiscal year (1/1/17-12/31/17)? If you have included dates in the future, then it will add up this year's data up til today, but then the year-over-year will be all of last year.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are looking at the range March 1, 2017 - March 31, 2017 and compare with previous year, it compares to March 1, 2016 - March 31, 2016 and the days do not align. Instead, you have to manually adjust the "previous year" to March 2, 2016 - Apr 1, 2016.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh I see what you're saying, you want to go by days of the week rather than dates. I think you can use ISO weeks and days (I'm not sure if there's an ISO month too?). That should align the days up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I do by "Day of week" or "ISO week of ISO year", it doesn't show as granular a trend like it did by "Date". Is there somewhere I can log a feature request?