Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Would like to check the data in a particular time (hour), using custom segment but found it is wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to compare the data in different hour, for example, the total pageviews from 18:00 to 19:00 and from 19:00 to 20:00. I created a custom segment, using hour = 18 and hour = 19 to compare, but found that the result is different if I used the secondary filter. Therefore, I tried to create a segment by using 1. hour >18 and hour <19 2. hour >19 and hour <20 to compare, the result is also wrong. 

Would you please share to me where I goes wrong?

Would like to check the data in a particular time (hour), using custom segment but found it is wrong

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ming, 

What segment did you apply here: I created a custom segment, using hour = 18 and hour = 19 to compare, but found that the result is different if I used the secondary filter.

And how were the results different? Can you provide screenshots? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used "hour" in the segment. Sorry that it is hard to capture the screen but true that the value is different. I ran a test like hour >17 <=18 and hour >18 <=19 as well, the result is wrong too. Thanks for your help first!