AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Working with multiple reports from the same data source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to create different client reports from the same data source. I created a report and then made a copy so that the graphs stay the same, but I use different data. The new data source is from the same account, but a different property. When I update the source on the new report, it automatically changes the graphs on the old report to link to the data from the new report. I need to keep the old report linked to a different property than the new report. How can I do this? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Suruchi,

You will have to create 2 separate data sources, one for each report. 

Regards,

Lourenco

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I selected create new data source and "made an new connection" but it still updated the data on the other report. 

Re: Working with multiple reports from the same data source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check if each item on your new report is connected to each separate data
source.

Re: Working with multiple reports from the same data source

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

after you added the new data source did you click the right direction arrow over the data source name and select the new one you added?  You can use control and click into each widget in the new report so you can do a bulk change

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 10.21.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-07 at 10.21.13 AM.png