Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Working with Yesterday Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - 

Just started using Studio.  I have reports setup to pick up yesterday's data.  However, that data is not populated in the source document (Sheets) until mid morning.  So, when I look at the dashboard this morning before yesterday's data is entered, I see "No Data" (because it hasn't been entered yet).

Instead of seeing "No Data", is there a way that users can see the last data available (which would be two days ago in my example) instead of seeing "No Data".  And then when the data is finally entered for yesterday, that data is then displayed?

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Does your Sheets document have an automated feed to update the data? If so, you could change the feed to update in the early morning, so that when you check it in the morning, it will have yesterday's data. 

I don't know of a way in DS to tell it to look at the last day's worth of data. 

Re: Working with Yesterday Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi - thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, the data feed is
manual.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Not a perfect workaround, but if you're going to be manually updating things anyway, what you could do is set a date filter on your report set to the last day of updated data. So, rather than setting it to be "yesterday", set it to be 8/2 until you update the data, and then change the date to 8/3 once that data is in the dataset.