AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Why would Sessions be different using the same filter between GA and GDS?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a filter setup to capture data for certain pages on my site, created identical filters in both Analytics and Data Studio and the Sessions is about 4,000 difference between the two.

Anyone else experiencing this as well? Below is the filter I created.

\/products/dc-solenoids-and-relays\.aspx|\/products\/dc-solenoids\-and\-relays/|\/products\/battery\-management\.aspx|\/products\/battery\-management\/|\/products\/switches\.aspx|\/products\/switches\/|\/products\/dc\-power\-distribution\-modules\.aspx|\/products\/dc\-power\-distribution\-modules\/|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/circuit\-breakers\.aspx|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/circuit\-breakers\/|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/knobs\-and\-nuts\.aspx|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/knobs\-and\-nuts\/|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/pilots\-lamps\-and\-alarms\.aspx|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/pilots\-lamps\-and\-alarms\/|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/tractor\-trailer\-and\-auto\-rv\-connectors\.aspx|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/tractor\-trailer\-and\-auto\-rv\-connectors\/|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/wiring\-accessories\.aspx|\/products\/misc\-electrical\-products\-and\-accessories\/wiring\-accessories\/|\/industries\/commercial\-vehicle\.aspx|\/industries\/commercial\-vehicle\/|\/industries\/heavy\-duty\-aftermarket\.aspx|\/industries\/heavy\-duty\-aftermarket\/|\/technical\-resources\/technical\-centers\/commercial\-vehicle\-technical\-center\.aspx|\/technical\-resources\/technical\-centers\/commercial\-vehicle\-technical\-center\/|\/colehersee\.aspx\$|\/colehersee\$|\/products\/fuse\-blocks\-fuseholders\-and\-fuse\-accessories\/automotive\-and\-commercial\-vehicle\-fuse\-holders\.aspx|\/products\/fuse\-blocks\-fuseholders\-and\-fuse\-accessories\/automotive\-and\-commercial\-vehicle\-fuse\-holders\/|\/CVP\$|\/Commercial\-Vehicle\$|\/Commercial\-Vehicle\-Products\$|\/Aftermarket\$