Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Why does my data source say "Untitled Data Source" and how do I correct this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've selected my Google Analytics sources as one of my data sources. 

However, in the Data Sources section, it reads Untitled Data Source. It also says that in Table Properties, when I select a data source for that table. If I click Edit data source, it simply takes me back to reselect my data source, where I can again have the option to select that GA data view.

Further, I don't see any data populating a table I've set up. It reads Invalid Dimension, Metric, or Filter selected. I have no filters selected, but do have Session Duration selected as a Dimension, and for the Metrics, I have Users and Sessions selected.

But as no data is populating the table, I'm not sure where the problem is. 

The metrics I'm trying to pull for the table are Page Views and Visitors (Sessions).

Thank you for any help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Doug S
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Something went awry when you connected your data source, I've had this happen before.  I would create a brand new connection to GA and make sure it's labeled as the GA View name before you click "connect".

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Doug S
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Something went awry when you connected your data source, I've had this happen before.  I would create a brand new connection to GA and make sure it's labeled as the GA View name before you click "connect".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Mike. That did it