AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Why does it keep saying "You do not have any google analytics accounts" when I do have it??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steps

1.  I start a new report

2.  I click on "Create new data source"

3.  Then from the left side bar, I select "Google Analytics"

4.  A new column "Account" appears to the right side, and tries connecting.  But quickly says "You do not have any google analytics accounts"

That is wrong!  I do have google analytics account.  So why is not allowing me?  What am I doing wrong?  I said yes on all the authorization dialog boxes that had come up when I was testing the data studio.

Krish

Why does it keep saying "You do not have any google analytics accounts" when I do have it??

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Try re-confirming that you have proper access to the Analytics account. sometimes it blocks me out from time to time.

here is an old thread that might be helpful. 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/No-access-To-Google-Analyti...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! 

I would suggest doing what Collin suggested. Even if you don't have full access to the GA account you should be able to create a report in DS (and a data source). 

Is it the first time you're using DS? Or for other accounts/data source it worked? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, thank you for replying.  I do have G SUITE. And I went there and checked if google analytics had access for me.  I am admin as well.  So I see that I do have access.  What can I do next?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Samuel, thank you.  This is the first time I am using DS.  I do have access to GA because when I go into apps in the admin console in g suite, I see that GA is turned on for everyone.  Scratching my head as to what should I do next.