1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Where is field ID?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Previously each field had the attributes like name, ID, type, aggregation...

Now I can't find field ID

unnamed (1).png

2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Where is field ID?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. It's an important field to duplicate an existing report with another data source.

Where is field ID?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

the field name can be used as a common filter dimension, i don't know if it was always the case, but i tried today and it works perfectly. 

Where is field ID?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've tried, didn't work for different types of data sources.

It only works when data sources are the same, such as two different Google analytics accounts could use one filter.

Where is field ID?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

ah ok, my case is simpler, I use two datasets based on the same file in google drive.

Re: Where is field ID?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, same type of file works, especially Google products.

However, if you try different type such as Google Analytics and Google spreadsheet, it won't work now, but it used to work when there was field ID.

Best regards,
Terence

Sent from my iPhone

Where is field ID?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

strange the documentation still refer to the field ID, it will be nice to have a word from google what's going on !!!!

Where is field ID?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

We removed the display of the field ID, as it's not something you can access or use in calculated fields. Are you folks saying you were naming fields in your data sources using the ID?

Where is field ID?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Rick

as per the documentation the field ID is used to filter multiple datasets, so yes it is not used for calculated fields, but for filtering which is a big deal ?

Where is field ID?

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Mimoune

Sorry for any confusion. Field IDs still exist but we moved them "behind the scenes." 

Can you explain how you were using the IDs?