AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

When will Page Dimension be added to Search Console data sources?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When in the Search Console, under Search Traffic > Search Analytics, I get data on either Queries or Pages. But when I try to create a Data Studio report, using a Search Console data source, I'm not given a "Page" Dimension to report on. When will that be added?

Below are screen shots from the two different interfaces:

Data Studio fields available

screenshot-datastudio.google.com 2017-05-16 13-44-16.png

And the report from Search Console showing the ability to report by Page

screenshot-www.google.com 2017-05-16 13-45-23 search_console.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John H
May 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

So I think what's happening is when you go to edit your connection and you're choosing between "Url Impression" and "Site Impression" and then selecting "FIELDS ->" you're expecting it to show you the fields between the two.  Datastudio is not showing you the updated fields when you choose between the type of source on that screen you have to reconnect first.

Select "Url Impression" and then "RECONNECT" and you should have "Landing Page" available.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

May need to reconnect your data to GSC, maybe a bug or something, but "Landing Page" is available via my GSC connections in DS.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mike, if you edit your connection, which table are you using? I can only get the average position if I use the "Site Impression" table but I still don't see the Page dimension when I reconnect.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John H
May 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

So I think what's happening is when you go to edit your connection and you're choosing between "Url Impression" and "Site Impression" and then selecting "FIELDS ->" you're expecting it to show you the fields between the two.  Datastudio is not showing you the updated fields when you choose between the type of source on that screen you have to reconnect first.

Select "Url Impression" and then "RECONNECT" and you should have "Landing Page" available.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see. So with the URL Impression table, I can have Landing Page but not Average Position. Or with Site Impression, I can have Average Position but not Landing Page.

I guess my request to Google is to add Average Position as a metric in the URL Impression table.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same request, @John H. No idea why this is left off, when this data is available via the API. Did you ever find a solution here or just abandon Data Studio for displaying this data?