2.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Week and Week of Year Time Dimensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I cannot figure out how to view timeline by week instead of day. I checked the time dimension setting and I only see date, hour, month, and year. 

How can I create a line chart in Data Studio that shows each plot point as a week?

I also normally use a table to show a table with Week of Year dimension in my GA custom reports but can't figure this out in Data Studio.

Please help!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Week and Week of Year Time Dimensions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Data Studio does not, currently, support weekly-granularity in timeseries charts. We are working on adding that.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Any update on this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I would like to use weekly-granularity as well. Any workarounds while we are waiting for it to be added?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any updates on this? Would like to use weeks as time dimension as well.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi all -- wanted to let you know that a big time series update is coming next week, including the ability to report by hours, weeks, quarters, etc. I'll update this thread once we launch!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Wanted to let you all know that our time series improvements have been released! In the Data Sources section of your reports you should now be able to set many new date types, and these should now appear as dimension options in all your charts and tables.

We'll be updating our Help Center article and publishing an entry on the Google Analytics Solutions Blog (https://analytics.googleblog.com/) in the coming days, so be on the lookout for that!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Alon, thanks for updating us here! I see the changes, but I don't see quarter as an option. Was that bumped to another release?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alon G,

I've tried to select "YYYYWww" as my date is formatted as "2016-W01" but it didn't work. Please help me!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alon, are the any plans on adding the ISO Week of the Year dimension from GA in time series? It's available in bar charts...