Data Studio
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

WHY CAN'T I SAVE IT MYSELF?! It certainly doesn't save well on its own.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So, Data Studio lies when it 'saves.' I've redone the same text FIVE times now. I wait for it to tell me it's 'saving.' (Which is really annoying that I have to wait on the platform and can't just save when I'm finished.)

Then I give to my coworkers (after checking that it did it successfully by closing the page completely and reloading it) and they notice sentences that end in the middle and images are missing.

This is SO annoying. REMOVE automatic save and make it manual. I want to click it when I'm good and ready for it and I want it to say 'SAVED' in big bold letters that fill the screen and I want that prompt to be accurate as well.

WHY CAN'T I EXPORT? This would solve the issue altogether. I could care less if it saves in the browser, I just want my report to do its job.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I agree, I think adding a "Save" button would be a great improvement. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I believe that google studio is automatically saved to your google drive... You can then share as a link or export as a PDF file.

Give this article a look.

http://www.arcstone.com/blog/how-to-export-your-google-datastudio-report-to-a-pdf

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It does automatically save...usually. But then other times it pops up continually to remind me that changes aren't saved. Yesterday afternoon it gave me that pop up every 10-15 seconds and it was incredibly irritating.