AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Variable data sources: sharing reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create dashboards for each of my customers pulling data from Google Analytics of their own domains.  Is there a way I can create a report and share it with each customer allowing each customer to connect the report to their own Google Analytics data?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
October 2016

Re: Variable data sources: sharing reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David L,

With Data Studio being so new and still under development, there are limitations to what can be do currently. 

You can create a report for each client that uses their specific data sources and share the report with them, giving them edit abilities. Or you could use a different email address for each client (either their own or one you create just for this) and set up the report for them where they could log in and see/edit the report. They would see the same layout as you... which is not really ideal but could work, I guess. 

You cannot, at this time, create a unique dashboard for each under your account, like we do with an AdWords Manager account as an agency handling multiple clients/accounts. 

I do think you have a great idea and one that would get more agencies to use Data Studio. Right now, many are using third-party companies that so exactly what you are wanting but they cost a few hundred per month. They do allow data pulled from many sources, white label or branding and client login, along with manager login. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
October 2016

Re: Variable data sources: sharing reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David L,

With Data Studio being so new and still under development, there are limitations to what can be do currently. 

You can create a report for each client that uses their specific data sources and share the report with them, giving them edit abilities. Or you could use a different email address for each client (either their own or one you create just for this) and set up the report for them where they could log in and see/edit the report. They would see the same layout as you... which is not really ideal but could work, I guess. 

You cannot, at this time, create a unique dashboard for each under your account, like we do with an AdWords Manager account as an agency handling multiple clients/accounts. 

I do think you have a great idea and one that would get more agencies to use Data Studio. Right now, many are using third-party companies that so exactly what you are wanting but they cost a few hundred per month. They do allow data pulled from many sources, white label or branding and client login, along with manager login. 

Kind Regards,

James