2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Using excel-like formulas in Google Data studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Data studio would be so much more empowering if it was possible to perform formulas on numbers in the document.

For example, if I could divide de numbers of scorecards by each other, I would be able to create an automatically updating sales funnel or a product dashboard.

I get that data studio has to be different to spreadsheets, but it's just so frustrating this is not possible.

Quick example: below are the visits of a product page for a certain product and under aantal is gives the unique sales. I'd like to calculate the percentage that converted to a sale from the product page, but now this is not possible.

Schermafbeelding 2017-06-02 om 14.41.14.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I think Google might integrate Sheets formulas, not Excel. But you can do very much with metrics creation and with Sheets connector. Easier and with the connection to Analytics API, it's very powerful. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Samuel,

Yeah i'd be sheets formulas ofcourse, but it's pretty much the same.

So in this example, just how would I divide 58 by 140? Even with connecting to sheets i don't see how this is possible, while it's a very simple task

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I doubt it's something do-able right now. As I said, you'd be better using Sheets to calculate your data and then import it into Data Studio.