AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Using analytics segments as Data Studio Filter

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Is it possible to use predefined Analytics segments as filters in Data Studio? I know I can use segments in each individual query but what I want is a drop down at the top so users can select a segment to apply to the whole sheet (similar to how GA works).

The reason for this is we have cross domain tracking setup across 18 websites, so want to be able to check all sites with one sheet without having 18+ pages.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You use standard segments from GA or you have your custom segments?

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

We are using custom segments built in GA, they look like: [include] Hostname -> Equals -> example.com

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, in every chart, you have the option to use a Google Segment (scroll the right pane to the bottom and you will find the segment option). Otherwise, you can choose a specific segment for the whole dashboard but I don't think it's what you are looking for. You should be able to pick up your GA segments from these places. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

need the same thing! Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also like be able to use custom segments in a filter... please add this functionality

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

...and an upvote by me, I would really like to be able to use GA segments in a filter control (drop down)

cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This would be a great feature!