Data Studio
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Using a Custom Metric in a calculated field?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I've been banging my head trying to work out how to achieve that feels like a relatively straightforward problem in Data Studio.

I am tracking scroll depth across all of my pages using 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% as the Event Labels and "Scroll Depth" as the Event Category.

What I am trying to achieve is to work out what percentage of the page views complete each of the event labels as above and display this figure in Data Studio so it shows at which point on the page our visitors stop scrolling but I can't work out how set this up correctly.

I've tried creating a metric using the formula: "Total Events" / "Page Views"  and then applying a filter to only show the Event Label "25%" etc.. but this returns NaN, is there a better way to approach this?

Is there a way to create a formula that uses "Total Events where Category is Scroll Depth and Label = 25%" divide by Page Views?

To add another level of complication; the page of the report has a filter that allows the user to select the specific page on the site that they wish to look at (it defaults to all pages to start with).

Thanks in advance

Mack

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

as far as i can see from my testing it is not possible, the metrics right now are really just basic,  they support only calculation at the row level, I hope google is working on a more advance calculations formula

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Mackenzie C

I believe @Mimoune D is correct - if I were you, I think i'd be pulling the count of pageviews and total events into a google sheet, then running my calculations in there before connecting this to DataStudio. This should then make your visualisation process in DS much simpler.

Hope that helps,

Ben