Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Using Views with MySQL Connector

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experimenting with Data Studio's MySQL connector and am trying to use a view as data source. The connection is successful and it retrieves the view's fields but when I try to use it in a chart I get this error:

Data Studio Configuration Error

When I use a table everything seems to work as expected but the view fails. I even connected as root thinking the issue is related to permissions but got the same behavior.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What does it say in See Details?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"There is a query error" and an error ID

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would look at your MySQL server logs to see if any querying errors were thrown.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Also, do you have an issue using that data source for populating a table widget for instance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No errors found in the logs, just this: "[Warning] Host name 'ip-addresses' could not be resolved: Name or service not known"

But it seems to be unrelated since none of the IPs are listed in the mysql connector documentation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The error occurs regardless of the widget I use

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

that can be a hostname permission issue for the MySQL login you're trying to use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if that was the case, wouldn't the data source using a table (with the same login) also fail?  

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Which what you told me: if fails regardless of the widget