3.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Using Report Template for Multiple Clients

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage multiple clients and would like to use the same custom report template for all of them. Is it possible to copy the template into various client accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Report Template for Multiple Clients

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello :-)
If you click the Customization tab and then select the relevant Account/Property/View from the selection options at the top left of the interface.
Once you have the Custom Reports table that has the report you are after, there is a drop down at the far right of the row the report is in labelled Actions.
Select Share from the drop down
Then select Share Template Link option in the modal that opens up.
You can then email that link so as to import the report into other Properties/Views
(I usually just copy and paste it into the browser window to access the options for adding the report to another View)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for the quick response. I'll try this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm working in Data Studio and I don't see the Customization tab that you referred to. Am I in the wrong place? Help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You can just click "copy" report in data studio, but you can only have 5 reports per login on the free version, so you will need a bunch of gmail accounts.

Note: each report can have 10 tabs.

Thanks

Phil.

Using Report Template for Multiple Clients

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks @Phil Pearce

@Interact R  pls Disregard my reply, I did not realize your question was related to data studio, had thought it was related to GA Custom Reports. Sorry :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here