AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Users with events

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to show our conversion rate by user.

So I need to show the percentage of all the users that send a specific event action.

I tried to create a custom calculation like the following, but this results always in '1'.

SUM(CASE WHEN (Event Action = "lead") THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

In analytics this is implemented by creating segments, but that seems not to be available for Data Studio (yet?).

Am I going in the right direction?

Users with events

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ion,

It looks like you are on the right track - just thinking out loud here, is your conversion rate the percentage of users who have the 'lead' event assigned against the total number of users? If so, you would then need a second calculation which divides the count of your variable above against the total number of users?

Users with events

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response.

That is true, the conversion rate is 'users with event 'lead'' vs 'all users'.

So I created a new metric, but it still results in '1'. What dimension should I use (in for example a pie chart)?

Users with events

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ion,

Have you formatted the calculated field as a percentage? If you have built it as above then it sounds like it should work, but obviously something is missing. Are you able to share your report or some screenshots of the data setup? It would help seeing what you are putting together - obviously with any personal data hidden. Feel free to send this through privately if you prefer and i'll happily see if I can help!

Ben

Re: Users with events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure how I can contact you through this community.

But I got the following calculation (as an Integer):

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 10.30.48.png

And the results (as an percentage):

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 12.59.50.png

Now I got 2 'metrics'.

If I put the 'Leads per user' in a scoreboard, I get the following:

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 13.10.32.png

Note: Google Analytics states that there were 26 unique visitors that send this event. So the leads should be around 8%