2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Users Reached on Facebook Dashboard Different From Data Studio Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently began using Data Studio for our social media analytics reporting, and I noticed a strange trend. The reach was higher on the Data Studio report versus the dashboard, even though the reports were created from .csv files pulled from the platform. I noticed it especially on the retargeting campaigns we were running. My only thought was that possibly Data Studio is adding up all of the reach numbers from different ad sets under one campaign, while the dashboard on Facebook is somehow discerning users being targeted multiple times in separate ad sets of the campaign. Any thoughts or insights?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What Facebook data are you using for your Data Studio dashboard? If you're downloading from Insights, I believe that it doesn't include ads that are in the ad manager (but does include boosted ads). I wonder if that's the difference you're seeing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I download the reports from the Ad Manager platform. Good thought, though!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Effectively, Facebook Dashboard does not count twice a user that you targeted in two adsets.

Data Studio adds all reach totals according the dimension you used in csv (adsets, days, etc.).

Anyway, if you want a total reach, you have to pull in DS a .csv with the reach total without dimension split.

I hope to be helpful