1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

User-ID Enabled User Counts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using a Google Analytics data set that has User-ID enabled in order to report user counts from the application. Today when I viewed the report, however, it shows all user metrics as having only one user (which I can confirm is not the case). When I switch to the analytics property without User-ID I see more realistic numbers (though these are incorrect as they could be multiple instances of the same user).

Is this a bug from User-ID analytics? I've tried reconnecting the data set but to no avail.

2017-02-20 11_32_08-EMD Uptime Usage.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, it seems that this is a problem with the month of January, though I hadn't changed anything our analytics during that time period; user-ID was also enabled prior to then. Still looking for how to rectify this, however, as I'd like to get that month of data back.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Brandon G do you send the user id as a custom dimension as well?

This could also just be a glitch in fetching data.

I will try to reproduce and follow up.

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Zorin Escape We send our user key to be displayed in the User ID field, but we don't have any custom dimensions created off of it. (Hope I'm understanding that correctly.)

Thinking it's more likely to be a glitch since I'm not seeing the issue in Analytics.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Glitch with the Hour and Day of Week date dimensions it seems. Can this be looked into, please?

EDIT: Looks like I was incorrect and it is actually the way the Users is being calculated for any day that isn't "today".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever find out what the issue was? I'm experiencing exactly the same thing with my user counts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same problem too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for confirming, @Veniamin K. Wez M and I are discussing this in the Google Analytics forum as well. Still waiting to hear from Google on this. I have an issue reported here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/35660220